A hybrid annuity/long-term care product can virtually eliminate the need for a standalone LTC policy, which means you don’t get asked the question, “What happens if I don’t use it?” These are usually fixed annuities with an additional rider that costs an extra 2-3% per year. Depending on the carrier, the LTC benefits pay out for a number of months or for the rest of the client’s life. Some policies can even be purchased with no underwriting. What’s the downside? The extra cost of the rider is going to cut into the interest earned by the annuity, but the simplicity and savings of not needing a standalone LTC policy are often enough to more than make up for it.
Note: NAIC states require that you complete Annuity Suitability Continuing Education and product-specific training BEFORE an annuity app is dated. Click here to complete your training today.
Get a Quote
- Click here to submit an annuity/LTC hybrid quote request
To get started, we just need your contact info, the annuitant’s name, age, gender, state, desired premium, and LTC benefit increase (double or triple). There’s also a space for comments, if your client has needs or questions to pass along to us during the quoting process.
Compare a Standalone Long-Term Care Policy
Our Standalone Long-Term Care Policy Carriers
Here are our most popular LTC carriers:
- Mutual of Omaha
Need a quick reference? We've got you covered. Here are a few quick resources that answer basic questions about annuities.
- Flyer: Annuities vs. CDs
- Flyer: 5 Reasons for Fixed Annuities
- Webinar: American Equity Marketing Insights
Don't forget that November is Long-Term Care Awareness Month. If you have clients nearing retirement, that's a great time to reach out.
- Webinar: LTC Options using Life Insurance
- What Is Long-Term Care?
- Who Needs Long-Term Care?
- Types of Long-Term Care
The options for annuity/LTC hybrid policies are changing – and growing – all the time. If you need help evaluating your client’s options or finding the best fit for their needs, let us know. We’re always happy to help.
- Call us at 1-800-823-4852 and ask to speak to a brokerage director.
- Click here to email us.
Retirement Planning and More - Become a Pinney Partner
It's our job to find ways to help you excel. Our agency provides complete support for life, annuity, long-term care, and disability business, with a focus on methods, strategies, and concepts that grow revenue. The new hybrid products are just one way we're branching out to help you better serve your clients and prospects.
- Click here to download our media kit. Read executive bios, learn more about our services, and get the team's contact info.
- Meet Insureio, our proprietary customer relationship management (CRM) software. It's the first and only CRM designed by life insurance agents for life insurance agents.