Updates complete through August 31
- Two new sales contests to promote UL sales:
- New income stream, sales contest
- Sell critical illness and enter AG's sales contest (open through October 31, 2014)
- "Napkin Sales" ideas:
- New mailing addresses for American General's annuity business and life products
- Webinar: Learn how to review a company's retirement plan in addition to a business owner's life policy or annuity contract.
- Wednesday, August 27, 1:00 pm EDT. Click to register.
- Required training to sell the below Athene products must be completed by September 15, 2014:
- "New" Athene Benefit 10 with Enhanced Benefits Rider: a fixed indexed annuity paired with a unique rider (for an Annual Rider Charge) that offers up to 5 benefits in one flexible solution.
- Recent underwriting improvements include fewer APS, more competitive offers, and Quick Quotes. Effective 8/1/14.
- "Smooth Sailing" sales ideas for adding life insurance to a client's retirement plan to balance out uncertainty from the stock market.
- Learn more about portfolio enhancements in Trust-level prospectus supplements for Variable Life products.
- Voya-branded life insurance forms will be available and accepted starting 9/1/14. ING forms will continue to be accepted until 12/31/14.
- New product: Simplified Life, Easy Issue VUL. Pre-qualify clients and run illustrations here.
- Features: no invasive medical screening or tests, most policies issues in 8 days or less.
Legal & General
- Life Choice UL and Life Step UL: Crediting rate change.
- Effective 8/19/14, the new crediting rate will be 2.00%.
- Effective 8/23/14, the Estate Maximizer Next Generation application will have 4 medical questions rather than 5.
- Expanded offerings on the simplified issue platform:
- Whole Life: Simplified Issue Whole Life, Simplified Issue 20 Pay Whole Life, Simplified Issue Life Paid-up at 65
- Term Life: Simplified Issue Passport 10, Passport 15, Passport 20, Passport 30
- New product: MetLife Secure Flex Universal Life, available September 22, 2014.
- MetLife Guarantee Advantage UL is being discontinued as of September 22, 2014.
- Price drop: Guaranteed Level Term (GLT) now offered at new, lower rates.
Minnesota Life/Securian Life
- Learn more about Omega Builder IUL
- Webinar: Tuesday, September 9, 1:00 pm Central
- Webinar: Wednesday, September 17, 11:00 am Central
- Webinar: Thursday, September 25, 10:00 am Central
- View Omega Builder IUL consumer brochure
Mutual of Omaha
- Trial parameters and quick quote guidelines announced
- Fixed annuity interest rates change as of September 1
- Life and annuity form changes: new replacement for for FL and new Reg 60 form for New York
- Cancer, Heart Attack & Stroke Product to Release Additional States Sept. 10, 2014: A New Cancer, Heart Attack and Stroke Portfolio called "New Beginnings" will launch September 10, 2014, in Alaska, Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- Holiday phone solicitation ban: On Monday, 9/1/14, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Rhode Island, and Utah prohibit unsolicited marketing calls to residents in observance of Labor Day.
- Download a comparison flyer to help you choose the right product for your clients. Products shown: TLA, GUL, and AccumUL.
- "Fit" underwriting credit program offers credits on substandard cases if your clients meet certain Medical and Lifestyle characteristics.
- Did you know that ALL of United of Omaha's Term Life Answers (TLA) products include the Accelerated Death Benefit for Terminal Illness, regardless of the face amount? Click here for details. Not available in New York.
- New smartphone app lets you quote Med Supp on the go.
- Med supp rate adjustments for 2010 Modernized in Arkansas and New Jersey; adjustments for 1990 Standardized plans in Arkansas, California, Massachusetts, and Montana.
- LTC presentation on "Completing the MutualCare Solutions Application."
- New rider available on 10/1/14 for GUL and GUL Plus products: Guaranteed Refund Option (liquidity rider). Gives consumers the option to receive a portion or all of their premiums paid at the end of 15, 20, or 25 years.
- Revision to bulletin sent August 14, 2014, "Reminder: Important Considerations When Completing New Applications"
- Product changes listed below, effective 8/26/14. View PDFs on their website on 8/26/14; printed materials available by 9/2/14.
- Click here for updated rate sheet: most fixed index annuity interest rates have increased.
- 3% first-year rate on North American Guarantee Choice and North American Guarantee Choice II, Multi-Year Guarantee Annuities.
- All LPPs will increase by 0.25% on the Income Pay Guaranteed Minimum Withdrawal Benefit (GMWB) Rider.
- Premium bonuses decrease for some products:
- NAC RetireChoice 14: from 5% to 3%. Can increase from 3% to 8% with election of the Additional Benefit Rider.
- North American Charter 14, North American Precision 14, North American Prizm Plus 14: from 10% to 8%
- In CA: premium bonuses stay at 10% for North American Charter 14 and North American Precision 14
- Performance Choice 12 Plus: from 8% to 7%
- New Business Guidelines
- Income Pay rider: App received date will be used to apply the LPP. All apps received in the home office on or after 8/26/14 will receive the new LPP.
- Interest rate, premium bonus, and LPP changes apply to apps received on or after 8/26/14.
- They will accept faxed, signed apps only on transfers to hold previous interest rates, premium bonus, and LPP if faxed to their office by 8/25. Originals must be received by 8/26 5:00 pm CST. Fax: 866-322-7073.
- Client satisfaction survey format changing from phone survey to letter, sent one month after policy issue. Program launches September 3, 2014, active for all clients with contracts issued on or after August 4, 2014. Click here to view sample letter.
- SBLI updates underwriting guide with clarification on the elimination of medical exams at all ages.
- As of 8/15/14, MD exams have been eliminated for all ages--although paramed exams are required for applicants 18 and above. View underwriting guide linked above and see "Initial Underwriting Requirements" for more details.
- Elimination of all resting EKGs through age 40.
- Elimination of all treadmill EKGs through age 70 for amounts up to and including $10,000,000.
- Enhanced income replacement multiplier and expanded age brackets:
- Ages 51-60: Expanded to 15X income
- Ages 66-70: Expanded to 7X income
- Elimination of Inspection Reports at lower face amounts:
- Personal Income: $5,000,000+
- Business Coverage: $3,000,000+
- Ages 70+: $1,000,000+
- ACE interest rates are changing. Decreased 20 basis points for TransACE 2013, TransACE CV 2013, and TransACE Survivor 2013.
- View threshold interest rates here.
- LifeSales iPad app version 5.0 now available.
- New features: determine foreign nationals' residency, plan for married couples, request a personalized proposal.
- Transamerica administrative offices will be closed Monday, 9/1/14, in observance of Labor Day.
- Download updated contact lists:
Need help placing a case or determining which carrier offers the best products or solution for a client? Call us at 1-800-823-4852 or click here to email our Brokerage Sales Support team.