May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month. This month, our free sales kit will help you talk to your clients about their most important asset…their paycheck.
It’s probably not what springs to mind when you talk about assets, but the ability to work and earn a living is crucial for your clients’ financial futures. If that’s gone, so is the foundation required to build a strong portfolio.
DI provides a percentage of your client’s income that they can use to pay bills during their illness or injury. But the uses for this money go far beyond the basics. What if that illness or injury changes their life to the degree that they need job retraining? That’s not easy…and they need time to adjust. Disability insurance payouts can help give them that time.
What’s in the Kit
Our FREE 37-page kit includes:
- 2 pages of pre-written social media posts
- 1-page Assurity guide to DI sales
- 4-page Assurity guide to DI products
- 9 pages of consumer brochures, directed at general consumers as well as niche markets (women and nurses)
- 4 pages of sample DI lead letters
- 7-page Mutual of Omaha guide to DI sales
- 2-page Mutual of Omaha guide to DI products
- 5 pages of sales ideas
- 1-page DI quote request form
How to Use This Month’s Sales Kit
Reach out to your clients in a way that’s most comfortable for you – our kit makes it easy.
- Use social media. We included the text and images for social media posts – all you have to do is click, copy, and paste. There are short posts for Twitter, and longer posts for Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn. Right-click any of the sharable social media images in our kit, save it to your device, then share it to your favorite social media network with the text provided.
- Send a letter or email. This month’s kit also includes sample lead letters from Assurity. Copy the text and paste it into an email or a Word doc to print on your agency letterhead.
- Send a brochure. You can print out any of the client brochures included in this month’s sales kit and send them to clients with the lead letter. You can also put these brochures in visible places in your office so visitors will see them.
- Give them a call. You’ve got DI statistics from the client brochures, along with our DI quote request form. Gather information over the phone, then email the form to us, or submit your request via our website. If you’re already making sales by phone, there’s no need to change your workflow – just add a follow-up call.
Insureio Subscribers: Use Our Disability Awareness Marketing Campaign
If you're an Insureio subscriber at the Standard or Professional level, you have access to our pre-written Disability Awareness marketing campaign. The campaign consists of educational consumer emails pre-scheduled for delivery throughout the month. The emails are designed to introduce the concept of disability insurance, explain the difference between short- and long-term disability polices, why this coverage is important, and how you can help them choose a policy that's right for them.
To preview the campaign:
- Click Marketing and then Marketing Materials from your left-hand navigation menu in Insureio.
- Select Campaigns from the Material dropdown menu on the top left.
- Click May Newsletter Series: Disability Awareness (Monthly Focus Topic). You'll see the list of pre-scheduled emails. To see what a template looks like, click any of the blue links under Template.
Want to learn more about Insureio campaigns and how to enroll contacts? Click here to visit the Insureio Academy.